Sunday, September 30, 2012

Joining the Curtain-Along

Now that Celebration VI is over, I am diving into the 18th Century headfirst!  


I've been collecting fabrics and patterns for literally years now, and it's time to finally do something with them.    *Puts determined face on*  One of my first projects will be a hooded cloak much like this one:


I got inspired by the Curtain-Along started by Festive Attyre and several other costume bloggers recently.  I decided to make the cloak mainly because it should only take one curtain, but also because it seemed like most people are making gowns and I thought it would be fun to do something different.  Also, I can't start on any 18th Century gowns until I have appropriate stays.  (That's my next project.)

I was originally going to make a red cloak with the crimson colorway of the Waverly Felicite curtain panels, but when I went to Lowe's to buy one, I saw the samples in person and decided I liked the noir version better.  So my cloak is going to be even closer to the original version than I first envisioned.


I even plan on adding the pleated trim around the hem, if I have enough fabric.  The only thing I haven't figured out yet is what to line the cloak with.  I'd like something warm so I can wear it in the winter.  Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment